Hey Sigur Ros, obviously you guys are never going to read this, since you don't manage this forum yourselves, but I'd like to give a big thank you and list a few of the ways you've influenced my life:
1. SUICIDAL PREVENTION: Your music has given me hope, preventing me from committing suicide on numerous occasions. I'd say I'm not tooooooo suicidal of a person, but when I'm depressed, your music comes to my head.
2. EYE OPENING: For years the only type of music I would listen to was movie soundtracks. I was addicted to their complexity. I only ever started liking Sigur Ros because Jonsi's song 'Sticks and Stones' played at the end of my favorite soundtrack, 'How to train your Dragon'. Jonsi's music led me to Sigur Ros and it is through them that I've learned that music doesn't need to be complex to be beautiful. Every note, every tone, every sound is beautiful, and something that can be explored. Now I can see the beauty in all types of music, because of you.
3. SOMEONE TO LOVE: Okay this is kinda a forever long story, but through this very site (forum.sigur-ros.co.uk) I found the most amazing guy on the planet. We'd crossed paths briefly at the Illinois concert this year, and we ended up running into each other on this forum. He's a more thoughtful, kind, and good looking () guy than I'd ever hoped to find. Some days I even question how he can exist, he's just that perfect for me. It's hard enough to find someone who shares my sexuality that isn't a cyco or something, let alone someone who likes Sigur Ros and is as perfect as him. THANK YOU SIGUR ROS AND SIGUR ROS FORUM!!!
4. I'VE FOUND MY VOICE!: Before Sigur Ros, I don't know why, but I would never sing. I hated my voice and I hated the fact that other people were judging me when I sang. I don't know, but listening to Go by Jonsi, I couldn't help but sing it out. I forgot how terrible my voice was and just sang because something about the music made me feel alive. Go was the prepping album so to speak for breaking my vocal insecurity, so now I sing all the time. Do I have a good voice now? NO!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! 100% FRICKEN NOT!!! But I don't care what people think any more.
5. I HAVE SOMETHING TO PLAY ON THE PIANO: Literally there is nothing more relaxing and stress relieving than playing Sigur Ros music on the piano. Thank you.
6. A CURE FOR SADNESS: My grandma died. Vaka spoke to me somehow. Idk, listening to that song told me she was with me. That seems like the wackiest, stupidest thing ever, but I felt her with me in that song. I feel everyone I've lost with me in that song. Sigur Ros keeps those I love with me. I've lost my childhood, I've lost my innocence, I've lost friends and my big wonderful sister who was my only friend for most of my life, but Vaka and Untitled 3, Varda and Heysatan, Varud and Ara Batur, they all bring them back to me. Thank you.
Never feel bad and think you're not popular enough, because no one, I repeat: NO ONE ON EARTH has ever achieved what you have achieved. No mainstream multi billionaire artist will ever make a person feel the way you make us (your loyal fans) feel. I'm sorry if we don't shout loud enough at your concerts when we get in a trance from your music. I'm sorry if you ever get stressed on the road during tours, or when you're slaving away on your albums. Thank you for writing from the depths of your OWN imagination and not the imagination of others like everyone else these days. Thank you for being you.
I love you Sigur Ros. I love you more than anything because you've given my everything and all you ask of us is to take time to stop and listen. Thank you.